01 Jul Bank Reconciliation Journal Entries
Don Wyatt is unable to reconcile the bank balance at January 31. Don’s reconciliation is
Cash balance per bank
Add: NSF check
Less: Bank service fee
Adj. balance per bank
Cash balance per books
Less: Deposits in transit
Add: Outstanding checks
Adj. balance per books
(a) Prepare a correct bank reconciliation. The above one is incorrect.
(b) Prepare the journal entries required by the bank reconciliation.
P8-3A Bank Reconciliation
On May 31, 2018, Reber Co. had a cash balance per books of $ 6,781.50. The bank
statement from New York State Bank on that date showed a balance of $6,404.60.
The following transactions occurred during the month:
1) There was a bank service fee of $40 for printing checks.
2) Cash sales of $836.15 on May 12 were deposited to the bank. The company made a
mistake and the company made an entry on their records for $886.15. The bank records
were correctly entered for the deposit.
3) Outstanding checks at May 31 totaled $ 576.25. Deposits in transit were $ 2,416.15
4) On May 18, the company issued check No. 1181 for $685 to Lynda Carsen on
account. The check, which cleared the bank in May was incorrectly journalized and
posted in the company records as $658.
5) A $3,000 note receivable was collected by the bank for Reber Co. on May 31, plus
$80 interest. The bank charged a collection fee of $ 20. No interest has been accrued on
6) Included with the cancelled checks was a check issued by Stiner Company to Ted
Cress for $800 that was incorrectly charged to Reber Company by the bank. (Bank got
mixed up and deducted this amount from the Reber’s checking account in error.)
7) On May 31, the bank statement showed an NSF charge of $680 for a check issued by
Sue Allison, a customer, to Reber Co. on account.
Prepared the bank reconciliation at May 31, 2018.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.