01 Jul BSDR1004 COLLEGE OF APPLIED SCIENCES NIZWA Financial Statement Analysis
Step -1: Choose any one company from Sultanate of Oman
Example: Raysut Cements and get its published financial statement for the financial period
2017-2018 from the Muscat Securities Market (MSM) Website (https://www.msm.gov.om/),
where you find “Financial Reports” icon at the bottom of screen.
Step -2: Using the financial report answer the following questions:
1. Brief introduction about the company?
Company Name : No. of Employees :
Established : No. of Omani Employees :
Principle activities : No. of Non – Omani Employees :
Branches : Head office Location:
2. List various items (only account heads, no need for figures) appear under the following
Category Account Names
List of Assets
List of Liabilities
List of Revenues
List of Expenses
3. Develop a basic “accounting equation” (Assets= Liability + Owner’s Equity) for the year
2017 & 2018.
4. Calculate “Net Profit” of the company for the year 2017 & 2018 by using the “Simple
Income Statement” format which you learned in the class?
4. “Company’s net income appears directly on the income statement and the owner’s
equity statements, and it is included indirectly in the company’s balance sheet”. Do you
agree? Explain how the net income is shown in Balance Sheet.
5. What is a total assets value of the company during 2017 and 2018? Provide calculation
6. What is a total Liability value of the company during 2017 and 2018? Provide
7. What is a total Owner’s Equity value of the company during 2017 and 2018? Provide
8. What is the accounting period of the company?
9. Which method (periodic or perpetual) the company has used to calculate the Cost of
Inventory? Explain briefly.
(if the company is service organization, then explain both methods briefly)
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.