02 Jul Financial Accounting
Trophy Fish Company supplies flies and fishing gear to sporting goods stores and outfitters throughout the western United States. The accounts receivable clerk for Trophy Fish prepared the western United States. The accounts receivable clerk for Trophy Fish prepared the following partially completed aging of receivables schedule as of the end of business on December 31, 20Y4: ($121,000)
A B C D E F G H
1. Not Days Past Due
3. Customer, Balance, Due, 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, 91-120, over 120
4. AAA Outfitters, 20,000, 20,000
5. Brown Trout Fly Shop, 7,500 7,500
30. Zigs Fish Adventures, 4,000 ,4000
31. Subtotals, 1,300,000, 750,000, 290,000, 120,000, 40,000, 20,000, 80,000
.The following accounts were unintentionally omitted from the aging schedule. Assume all due dates are for the current year except for Wolfe Sports, which is due in the next year.
.Customer .Due Dates Balance
Adams Sports & Flies May 22 $5,000
Blue Dun Flies Oct. 10 4,900
Cicada Fish Co. Sept. 29 8,400
Deschutes Sports Oct. 20 7,000
Green River Sports Nov. 7 3,500
Smith River Co. Nov. 28 2,400
Western Trout Company Dec. 7 6,800
Wolfe Sports Jan. 20 4,400
.Trophy Fish has a past history of uncollectable accounts by age category, as follows:
Age Class Percent Uncollectable
Not Past Due 1%
1-30 Days past due 2
31-60 days past due 10
61-90 days past due 30
91-120 days past due 40
over 120 days past due 80
1. Determine the number of days past due for each of the proceeding accounts.
2. Complete the aging of receivables schedule by adding the omitted accounts to the bottom of the schedule and updating the totals.
3. Estimate the allowance for doubtful accounts, based on the aging of receivable schedule.
4. Assume that the allowance for doubtful accounts for Trophy Fish Company has a debit balance of $3,600 before adjustment on December 31. Journalize the adjusting entry for uncollectable accounts.
5. Assume that the adjusting entry in (4) was inadvertently omitted, how would the omission affect the balance sheet and income statement?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.