02 Jul Full Disclosure in Financial Reporting
Use the “Intel Annual Report” link included at the bottom of this page to download the Intel Inc. 2013 financial statements and the accompanying notes to answer the following questions. Part of your grade will be based on the structure and organization of your project, therefore clearly identify each section and numbered item to which you are responding. Indicate the page number of the annual report where you found the answer(s) to each question. Additionally, show all relevant calculations in a table(s) in your Word document.
1) What are the maturities on Intel’s Long-term debt?
2) What are Intel’s projected obligations on Long-Term Debt and Payments due by period?
3) What is the par or stated value of Intel’s preference shares?
4) What is the par or stated value of Intel’s ordinary shares?
5) What percentage of Intel’s authorized ordinary shares was issued at Dec 28, 2013?
6) How many ordinary shares were outstanding at Dec 28, 2013, and Dec 29, 2012?
Under Intel’s equity-based compensation plan, share options are granted annually to key managers and directors.
1) How many options were granted and exercisable in 2012 and 2013 under the plan?
2) What number of diluted weighted-average shares outstanding was used by Intel in computing
earnings per share for 2012 and 2013? What were Intel’s diluted earnings per share in 2012 and
3) What other equity-based compensation plans does Intel have?
4) What investments does Intel report in 2013?
5) How does Intel determine fair value?
6) How does Intel use derivative financial instruments?
1) What amounts relative to income taxes does Intel report in its:
a. 2013 income statement?
b. 28 Dec 2013 balance sheet?
c. 2013 statement of cash flows?
2) Intel’s provision for income taxes in 2012 and 2013 was computed at what effective tax rates?
3) How much of Intel’s 2013 total provision for income taxes was current tax expense, and how much was deferred tax expense?
4) What did Intel report as the significant components (the details) of its 28 December, 2013, deferred tax assets and liabilities?
1) What kind of pension plan does Intel provide its employees?
2) What was Intel’s pension expense for 2012 and 2013?
3) What is the impact of Intel’s pension plans on its 2012 and 2013 consolidated balance sheets?
4) What information does Intel provide on the target allocation of its pension assets? How do the
allocations relate to the expected returns on these assets?
1) What types of leases are used by Intel?
2) What amount of operating leases was reported by Intel for various years?
1) Were there changes in accounting policies reported by Intel during the two years covered by its income statements (2012–2013)? If so, describe the nature of the change and the year of change.
2) What types of estimates did Intel discuss in 2013?
1) Which method of computing net cash provided by operating activities does Intel use? What were the amounts of net cash provided by operating activities for the years 2012 and 2013?
2) What was the most significant item in the cash flows used for investing activities section in 2013?
3) What was the most significant item in the cash flows used for financing activities section in 2013?
4) Where is “deferred income taxes” reported in Intel’s statement of cash flows? Why does it appear in that section of the statement of cash flows?
5) Where is depreciation reported in Intel’s statement of cash flows? Why is depreciation added to net income in the statement of cash flows?
1) What specific items does Intel discuss in its Note 2—Summary of Significant Accounting Policies?
(List the headings only.)
2) For what segments did Intel report segmented information? Which segment is the largest? Who is Intel’s largest customer?
well-written paper must include title and reference pages. The paper should be formatted according to APA REQUIREMENTS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.