01 Aug Business Finance
The Hamptons Home of a Famed Socialite Hits the Market
“Before there was Paris Hilton, there was Consuelo Vanderbilt Balsan – a Gilded Age heiress and socialite, renowned for her beauty and wealth. Ms. Balsan’s onetime Hamptons home was slated to hit the market priced at $38 million with Tim Davis of the Corcoran Group.
Located on Ox Pasture Road in Southampton, the shingle-style home was built around 1910 and is known as “Gardenside” or “Cara-Mia”. Ms. Balsan, the great-granddaughter of railroad magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt, owned the house until her death in 1954.
According to public records, the estate is owned by Robert G. Goldstein, executive vice president and president of global gaming operations at Las Vegas Sands Corp, and his wife Sheryl, who purchased the house in 2002 for $17.4 million.” (The Wall Street Journal, August 1, 2014, M2)
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer allquestions.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic as well as respond with value added comments to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.
- Calculate the annual compound growth rate of the house price during the period when the house was owned by Robert G. Goldstein (since 2002). (Round the number of years to the whole number). Please show your work.
- Assume that the growth rate you calculated in question #1 remains the same for the next 30 years. Calculate the price of the house in 30 years after it was sold by Robert G. Goldstein. Please show your work.
- Assume that the growth rate you calculated in question #1 remains the same since the house was sold. Calculate the price of the house today. (Round the number of years to the whole number). Please show your work.
- Assume the growth rate that you calculated in #1 prevailed since 1910. Calculate the price of the house in 1910. Please show your work.
- Assume the growth rate that you calculated in #1 prevailed since 1910. Calculate the price of the house in 1954. Please show your work.
- You were using the time value of money concept to answer question #5. Think about the time line for that problem. What is the time point 0 in that problem? Please explain your answer.
- Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Order Now” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.