30 Aug Many studies have found that psychotherapy is as effective as psychopharmacology in terms of influencing changes in behaviors, symptoms of anxiety, and changes in mental state. Chan
Many studies have found that psychotherapy is as effective as psychopharmacology in terms of influencing changes in behaviors, symptoms of anxiety, and changes in mental state. Changes influenced by psychopharmacology can be explained by the biological basis of treatments. But how does psychotherapy achieve these changes? Does psychotherapy share common neuronal pathways with psychopharmacology?
Psychotherapy is used with individuals as well as in groups or families. The idea of discussing confidential information with a patient in front of an audience is probably quite foreign to you. However, in group and family therapy, this is precisely what the psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner does. In your role, learning how to provide this type of therapy within the limits of confidentiality is essential.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, reflecting on foundational concepts of psychotherapy, biological and social impacts on psychotherapy, and legal and ethical issues across the modalities (individual, family, and group).
- Search the Walden Library databases for scholarly, peer-reviewed articles that inform and support your academic perspective on these topics.
Nichols, M., & Davis, S. D. (2020). The essentials of family therapy (7th ed.). Pearson.
Chapter 2, “Basic Techniques of Family Therapy” (pp. 33–35 only)
Petiprin, A. (2016). Psychiatric and mental health nursing. Nursing Theory. https://www.nursing-theory.org/theories-and-models/psychiatric-and-mental-health-nursing.php
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2020). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (3rd ed.). Springer Publishing.
Chapter 1, “The Nurse Psychotherapist and a Framework for Practice”
Chapter 2, “The Neurophysiology of Trauma and Psychotherapy”
· Explain whether psychotherapy has a biological basis.
· Explain how culture, religion, and socioeconomics might influence one’s perspective on the value of psychotherapy treatments.
· Describe how legal and ethical considerations for group and family therapy differ from those for individual therapy and explain how these differences might impact your therapeutic approaches for clients in group, individual, and family therapy.
· Support your rationale with at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources and explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly. Attach the PDFs of your sources.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.