31 Aug A project’s critical path will determine the length of the project and which activities must be completed on time and which activities need to be removed. Unless the critical path is
A project's critical path will determine the length of the project and which activities must be completed on time and which activities need to be removed. Unless the critical path is known, accurate decisions to control the project cannot be made.
Write a 5-page plan using the template that is attached provided, and complete the Gantt chart provided.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, that you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
RUNNING HEAD (Graduate Students Only) 1
Unit 2 Assignment
Critical Path Method
American InterContinental University
Delete highlighted information.
The introduction is the best opportunity to convince your audience that you have something worthwhile to say (one solid paragraph). An introduction can accomplish this by fulfilling five important responsibilities, as follows:
1. Get the audience's attention.
2. Introduce the topic.
3. Explain its relevance to the audience.
4. State a thesis or purpose.
5. Outline the main points.
Critical Path Method
Critical Path Importance
1. Explain the importance of a critical path in a project plan.
1. Define what a PERT diagram is relative to project planning.
2. Explain the importance of a PERT diagram in a project plan.
3. Review the PERT diagram below, and discuss how you would find the critical path.
Marie, Darren, and Noah are standing at an intersection in Atlanta’s northwest corner. They decide to eat dinner at a restaurant in the southeast corner of the city, but each chooses to take a different path to travel across town, as follows:
· Marie takes a bus that zigzags across surface streets: She makes it to the restaurant in 24 minutes.
· Darren decides to take the subway that travels directly to the restaurant: He makes it to the restaurant in 14 minutes.
· Noah travels with a bicycle along a path and makes it to the restaurant in 19 minutes.
The three cannot eat dinner until the last person has reached the restaurant.
1. Based on the scenario above and using the CPM, determine which person (Marie, Darren, or Noah) is on the critical path.
2. Explain why you selected the person while supporting your selection using detailed information from the scenario.
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
1. Define what a WBS is relative to project planning.
2. Explain the importance of the WBS in a project plan.
1. Define what a Gantt chart is relative to project planning.
2. Using the information in the Gantt Chart attachment, answer the following question.
a. Today is May 10th, what can you determine about the status of the project?
The conclusion is the last thing that the reader will remember about your essay.
1. The conclusion should be a summary of the highlights of your statement of purpose.
2. The conclusion should include the main points of the statement of purpose.
3. The conclusion should be well-constructed and grammatically correct.
Réveillac, J. (2017). Modeling and simulation of logistics flows 1: Theory and fundamentals (1st ed.). Wiley.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.