31 Aug Understanding that English language learners are eligible for programs and services prepares teachers to advocate for and ensure that these
Understanding that English language learners are eligible for programs and services prepares teachers to advocate for and ensure that these students are receiving the proper support guaranteed to them.
Imagine it is the beginning of a new year and your administration has shared a schoolwide goal related to ensuring proper advocacy and supports for ELLs. Create a 250-500 word resource document (i.e., pamphlet, brochure) to give to new teachers at the beginning of a school year, addressing the following:
- An introduction that includes the demographic and home language composition of the PK-12 ELL population in Arizona.
- Explain the process used to determine ELL program eligibility, placement, and reassessment, including the use of the Home Language Survey and Arizona’s English language proficiency assessment. Identify the standard accommodations available to ELLs for these types of assessments.
- Discuss the factors influencing English language acquisition for special populations of ELLs (refugee, migrant, immigrant, and Native American), including how they relate to long-term English learners (LTEL), recently arrived English learners (RAEL) or students with interrupted formal education (SIFE).
- Describe other services students may qualify for (exceptional student services/special education, gifted and talented), in addition to being identified as an ELL.
- Explain parents'/guardians' rights in regard to ELL services (i.e., program placement, assessment).
The resource document should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Support your findings with 2-3 scholarly resources.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.