25 Oct For this week’s discussion, the focus will be on examining Porter’s Five Forces as a tool for looking at the pressures on profits. Specifically, how does Porter’s analysis examine the stre
Week 4 Discussion COLLAPSEOverall Rating:
For this week's discussion, the focus will be on examining Porter's Five Forces as a tool for looking at the pressures on profits.
Specifically, how does Porter's analysis examine the stress on profits from all directions and all dimensions of a firm's environment? You will be applying this tool by specifically looking at the market structure in which a firm competes. You will need to be able to distinguish an oligopoly from a monopolistic competitive market structure.
Also see the help provided in the discussion preparation.
In your discussion post, address the following:
- Choose one of the following groups and use Porter's Five Forces to analyze the pressures on profits for your chosen group's firms.
- Group 1: Firms in the retail sector (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Sears, Macy's).
- Group 2: Firms in the wireless services industry (e.g., Verizon, AT&T, Sprint/T-Mobile; focus on telecommunication services, not on the sale of phones).
- For each group determine and explain whether the group is monopolistic competitive or an oligopoly. Be specific in which market structures the firms operate.
- Choose one of the firms from one group.
- Using Porter's analysis, what are the threats to profitability faced by the firm? This would be a great time to expand your research skills by checking out the firm's investor relations page or by using some of the material from the vast collection of business databases at the Strayer Library.
To earn full credit for your discussion, you must complete one post and one follow-up or reply to a classmate. Make sure both the post and the reply focus on the questions asked.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.