28 Oct Choose a topic on data management and data privacy that has an ethical dilemma. A non-comprehensive list of potential articles is provided below.? Develop a critical pape
- Read the assigned articles, and watch the assigned videos.
- Choose a topic on data management and data privacy that has an ethical dilemma.
- A non-comprehensive list of potential articles is provided below.
- Develop a critical paper where you take a position in favor or against the topic/company you chose.
- Propose a solution to solve the conflicting interests and move the issue to resolution.
- This could include legislation, regulation, monetization, or stopping a practice.
- Be sure to be specific in your recommended action.
- Develop a stakeholder analysis, what is important to each actor and why? How would your recommended actions impact each group? What could you do to influence a certain powerful group to adopt your solutions?
- In discussing your position, in favor or against, ensure you are explicit about explaining what are the ethical dilemmas that affect the communities involved.
- Word count and structure guidelines
- 750 to 1000 words
- Include an opening paragraph -five to six lines- that summarizes the entire paper. This is not an intro that describes what the paper is about, rather this is a full summary of the paper. Think of this, if my paper landed in the hands of busy executives, would they have a full understanding of what my analysis is, as well as my recommendations and why by just reading the opening paragraph?
- Do not answer the paper in a Q&A format style. Rather use sections and sub-headings.
- Strengthen your storytelling by using numbers and charts, where/if relevant.
- Finally, if it fits within your allotted word count, consider cybersecurity. Are we just bounded to always have bad actors who will infiltrate a database? Is this just another risk of doing business, and therefore users should know that the more digitalized they become, the more their data will land in the wrong hands? For your chosen topic, could the organization/company take even more precautions to secure their data?
Scholarly academic sources:
- As mentioned in the rubric, you MUST use sources outside of the ones given to you already in the pre-readings. However, you are welcome to use the sources in the pre-readings but these DOT NOT count as part of the required number of scholarly academic sources.
- Include at LEAST three scholarly academic sources. e.g. journal articles or books.
- Check the box for "peer-reviewed" while performing your search on Hult's Digital Library.
- You are expected to produce a "new-to-the-world" analytical piece.
- It is NOT OK to simply piece together the work of others.
Non-Comprehensive List of Potential Topics
- Tesla continuously recording pedestrians and other drivers, through the cameras around its vehicles. Those pedestrians and other non-Tesla drivers have nothing to do with driving or owning the Tesla that is recording them.
- Police being banned from using their own LAPD records around gang profiles.
- Zhenhua Data keeping a database of high-profile Australian citizens.
- Platforms of co-creation of knowledge that store in their databases unreliable data used by data scientists. Consider
- The Non-Scott teenager who wrote 10,000 + Wikipedia articles for the Scottish Language. AI models were built based of that.
- COVID-19 paper claiming that hydroxychloroquine posed a higher risk of death published by The Lancet peer-reviewed journal. Paper was later retracted due to the use of fictitious data to run the analytics.
*ERS stands for Ethics, Responsibility, and Sustainability
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.