06 Nov Review for career ops:: ?HEALTHCARE DELIVERY ?? Health Care Manufacturing Stryker Corp. 3M, Johnson & Johnson Baxter International? Insurance? UnitedHealthcare Cigna Humana
Review for career ops::
Health Care Manufacturing
- Stryker Corp.
- 3M, Johnson & Johnson
- Baxter International
- Universal American Corp.
- Health Net
- Coventry Health Care
- Abbott Laboratories
- Waste Management
- Healthcare Waste Management
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Environments for Aging (EFA)
- Health Care Institute
- The Center for Health Design
- Kaiser Permanente
- Geisinger Health System
- Inova Health System
- Advocate Health Care
- Association for Healthcare Foodservice
- Nisonger Associates Inc.
- Longevity Wellness Centers
Information Systems and Technology
- Verizon Wireless
- CareFusion Corp.
- Phillips, McKesson Corp.
INDIRECT PATIENT CARE
(professionals who deal with the daily business operations of a facility)
- Directors deal with the overall performance and compliance, direction, and business success of the hospital.
- Department Managers manage staff and departmental issues in the hospital.
- Shift Managers deal with the situations and issues that arise during an assigned shift.
- Social Workers are trained specialists who help people with various social and economic issues, such as unemployment, terminal illness, abuse situations, or addiction.
- Billing Personnel are responsible for accurate accounting, billing, and collecting funds owed to the hospital.
- Health Information Systems Personnel deal with the electronic storage and accessibility of medical information and take care of computer network issues.
Medical Lab Technologists
Health Care Product Retailers
Federal and State Health Regulators
Photographers and Illustrators
Medical Record Technician
Entry-level positions: clerks, hospital admission clerks, ward clerks, medical coders, sterilization technicians, data analysts, front office staff, sales representatives, etc.
DIRECT PATIENT CARE
Long-term care facilities
Review the HCS/305: Healthcare Careers interactive activity with Sonya to learn more about health care job opportunities.
· What are some new career opportunities in health care that interest you, and why are you interested in them?
· How might you pursue your career goals in these opportunity areas?
Please respond to discussion below with a personal conversational response to each.
I am currently working in a long-term care facility. Since 2016, I have wanted to be more than just a CNA. So, I went back to school to get my certification as a Medication Aide. Then, I wanted to do more I wanted to become an Administrator of a nursing home; this is only one of my career goals I am interested in accomplishing. Why? Because so many families' needs assurance that their loved ones are being cared for everyday and I would like to make a difference in the community. I am looking forward to furthering my career through UOP to obtain my bachelor's degree in health Admiration to become a step closer to being an Administrator, but I will also have to attend the Administrative in training program to be licensed to run a facility. As, I stated before I am looking to pursue all of this through the school I am attending currently. I want to apply for an administrative assistant position as well to gain more experience and knowledge on the job.
The career opportunities in health care that i chose are social worker and a entry level position. A health care social worker services include advising family caregivers. Provide patients with information and counseling, make referrals for other services, they may also provide case and management and or interventions that is designed to promote health, prevent disease and address barriers to access to health care. The primary mission of the social work profession is to enhance human well-being and help meet basic and complex needs of all people. The main reason i chose social worker is because i enjoy people and helping people this gives me the opportunity to have a more personal relationship with the community providing additional needs, it open up more doors for me to assist the community. Now i chose the entry level role because it have many different avenues in which includes clerical and clinical. For the clerical side, medical assistants might help schedule appointments, and process medical bills. For the clinical work, they may help support other medical professionals by checking vitals and collecting medical samples
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.