18 Nov A colleague from another country has limited English-speaking skills and does not comprehend the group task. Additionally, this colleague has the habit of giving gifts to business associ
Week 4 Discussion: Culture & Groups
2222 unread replies.2525 replies.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 8, 11
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook/lesson)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address one (1) of the following:
- Scenario 1: A colleague from another country has limited English-speaking skills and does not comprehend the group task. Additionally, this colleague has the habit of giving gifts to business associates at the end of projects. Gift-giving is an expected part of business etiquette in her culture. How do you deal with these issues to ensure the success of the group? What criteria would you set early on in the process? Please reference the textbook and an outside source as you attend to the questions for this scenario.
- Scenario 2: Your manager asks you to take on a new project that you think you could take on by yourself. He suggests that you form a task group with 15-20 members, which you think is too much. One of the members he recommends adding to the team is John. This gives you additional concern because you think John has had hidden agendas in the past. Even though you think you can do this on your own, how is a group decision different from an individual decision? How can you convince your manager that a smaller group would be better? How do you deal with John if your manager insists on him being in the group? Please reference the textbook and an outside source as you attend to the questions for this scenario.
Click on the following link for the format you should use for the initial post:
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer. Respond to one peer who chose a scenario different from the one you chose. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside scholarly source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion GuidelinesLinks to an external site.
Course Outcomes (CO): 5, 6, 8
McLean, S. (2018). Exploring Interpersonal Communication v2.0. Flat World Knowledge. https://ambassadored.vitalsource.com/books/9781453390429
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.