01 Jan GOAL: To understand the impact of culture in everyday contexts and analyze intercultural situations using theory and concepts from this class. INSTRUCTIONS This week, we will take some time
To understand the impact of culture in everyday contexts and analyze intercultural situations using theory and concepts from this class.
This week, we will take some time to reflect on some of the course concepts and build an intercultural notebook. Specifically, we will be focusing on instances of prejudice and discrimination.
HERE ARE TWO VIDEOS TO PROVIDE AN OVERVIEW ON PREJUDICE AND DISCRIMINATION, PLEASE WATCH THEM BEFORE COMPLETING THE ASSIGNMENT:
- The first one is a mini lecture from my social psychology course
- The second one is an overview on the challenges of cultural diversity
Please find TWO articles/photos/posts/podcasts/videos depicting cultural stereotypes, prejudice, and/or discrimination. NOTE: Culture doesn't have to be explicitly mentioned in the article/photo/post/podcast/video. Please embed your photos/videos. If you have found an article or podcast, please include the links to them.
ANALYZE EACH ARTICLE/PHOTO/POST/PODCAST/VIDEO SEPARATELY AND ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS FOR EACH:
- Briefly describe the article/photo/post/podcast/video and why you chose to use it for this assignment
- Provide a detailed analysis of how the article/photo/post/podcast/video portrays stereotypes/prejudice/discrimination
- Based on this article/photo/video/podcast, why is it important to be able to identify instances of stereotyping/prejudice/discrimination in the media?
- How can we reduce the depiction of people from other cultures in a stereotypical way? Provide 2 culturally-specific recommendations.
- How does this photo/podcast/article/video relate to other concepts cover in the class? Discuss TWO concepts already covered in the class and tie the concept to the content you found.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.