01 Jan Project Description You work for a business information firm that provides clients with summaries of publicly available information on a range of businesses. Your boss comes to you and says
You work for a business information firm that provides clients with summaries of publicly available information on a range of businesses. Your boss comes to you and says that an increasing number of clients have been asking that the firm develop a catalog of company profiles on businesses that have something to do with the oil and gas industry. The clients want this catalog so that they can quickly identify which companies they may want to carry out additional research on, and possibly have your firm do that research. You’ll need to write company profiles that provide an objective, fact-based summary of:
- What the company does;
- How it has performed; and
- What challenges and/or successes the company has had over the past 3–5 years.
You are to write a profile of either a company that is focused on one activity in the oil and gas industry (e.g., a small exploration and production company, or a small service company whose primary business is drilling wells) or one business unit within a larger company involved in multiple industry activities (e.g., the refining unit of an integrated oil and gas company, or the seismic survey unit of a large, multi-purpose service company).
Preparing the Company/Business Unit Profile
Select a company or a business unit within a company of interest to you that is involved in the oil and gas industry or in providing one or more services to the industry. There are a variety of places to look up candidate companies, one of which is Google Finance (e.g., Google Finance ->Energy->Oil & Gas http://www.google.com/finance?catid=us-TRBC:501020&ei=8x54VvG5Jo2bjAGbnJOoCw and Google Finance ->Energy->Oil & Gas Related Equipment and Services http://www.google.com/finance?catid=us-TRBC:501030&ei=8x54VvG5Jo2bjAGbnJOoCw
Next, track down publicly available information on the company/business unit using as complete and even a mix of the following resources as possible:
- Company web sites.
- Company annual reports.
- Company announcements.
- Market based reports.
- Financial websites (e.g., Yahoo and Google Finance).
- News articles (from newspapers, news magazines, trade journals, etc.).
- Government websites and reports (e.g., www.eia.gov).
The profile should be at least 500 words, but no more than 750 words in length. You should cite the materials you read when writing your company profile and provide a bibliography at the end of your work. For more information about citation, please refer to the Purdue University writing guide. The style of citation is not important. Finally, your report must address the following questions:
Goal 1: What the Company Does
- What company/business unit are you evaluating?
- What is the focus of the company/business unit?
- What sector of the oil and gas industry does the company’s/business unit’s focus fall under?
- Is the company or parent company of the business unit public, private, or government controlled? Explain your basis for categorizing the company as such.
- Which of the following is the company more dependent on demand for, if any: crude oil, raw natural gas, processed natural gas, and/or refined petroleum products?
- Where does the company/business unit operate geographically?
- How does the total size of these operations compare to those of other companies that compete in this sector (e.g., is your company among the top five biggest in the sector, worldwide if international or in the country they operate if domestic)?
Goal 2: How the Company/Business Unit Has Performed
- What has been the overall state of the sector that the company/business unit operates in over the past 3–5 years in terms of product supply, demand, and prices?
- How has the company/business unit done relative to other companies/business units engaged in the same activities?
- Has the company/business unit grown/shrunk/stayed largely unchanged? Why?
Goal 3: What the Challenges/Successes Have Been for the Company
- What have been the most significant challenges and/or successes for the company over the past 3–5 years?
- What challenges/successes does the company/business unit (and/or expert followers of it) say it will be positioning itself for in the next 3–5 years?
- What does the company/business unit (and/or expert followers of it) say are its plans or strategy for the upcoming several years?
Oil and Gas Company Profile Company : Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) It is headquartered in Dehradun Uttarakhand, India. Its product range includes petroleum, natural gas and petrochemicals. It is owned by the Government of India. It is India’s top oil and gas exploration and production company. What the company does : ONGC is the largest crude oil and natural gas Company in India, contributing around 75 per cent to Indian domestic production. Crude oil is the raw material used by downstream companies like IOC, BPCL, and HPCL (subsidiary of ONGC) to produce petroleum products like Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Naphtha, and Cooking Gas-LPG. ONGCs’ superlative efforts have resulted in converting earlier frontier areas into new hydrocarbon provinces. From a modest beginning, ONGC has grown to be one of the largest E&P companies in the world in terms of reserves and production. Performance and Success of the Company : ONGC has discovered 6 out of the 7 oil and gas producing basins in India.This largest energy company in India has established 8.98 billion tonnes of in-place hydrocarbon reserves. It has to its credit more than 570 discoveries of oil and gas with Ultimate Reserves of 3.13 Billion Metric tonnes (BMT) of Oil Plus Oil Equivalent Gas (O+OEG) from domestic acreages. It has cumulatively produced 1042 Million Metric Tonnes (MMT) of crude and 715 Billion Cubic Meters (BCM) of Natural Gas. ONGC produces over 1.26 million barrels of oil equivalent per day, contributing around 75% of India's domestic production. Of this, over 75% of crude oil produced is Light & Sweet. ONGC has won 116 out of a total 254 Blocks (around 50%) in the 9 rounds of bidding, under the New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) of the Indian Government. The Company holds the largest share of hydrocarbon acreages in India (61% in PEL Areas & 81% in ML Areas). ONGC possesses about 15% of the total Indian refining capacity. This E&P Company has a well-integrated Hydrocarbon Value Chain structure with interests in LNG and product transportation business as well. A unique organization in the world to have all operative offshore and onshore installations (555) accredited with globally recognized certifications.
All crudes are sweet and most (76%) are light, with sulphur percentage ranging from 0.02-0.10, API gravity range 26°-46° and hence attract a premium in the market. Strong intellectual property base, information, knowledge, skills and experience. ONGCs performance in OLAP Bid rounds: Wins two Blocks in Round 1, one Block in Round 2 & seven Blocks in Round 3. Maximum number of Exploration Licenses, including competitive NELP rounds. ONGC has bagged 121 of the 254 Blocks awarded in the 9th rounds of NELP. ONGC owns and operates more than 25,500 kilometers of pipelines in India, including subsea pipelines. No other company in India operates even 50 per cent of this route length. In 2019, ONGC ranked 11th among global energy majors (Platts). It was the only public sector Indian company to feature in Fortune’s ‘Most Admired Energy Companies’ list. ONGC ranked 18th in ‘Oil and Gas operations’ and 220 overall in Forbes Global 2000. Acclaimed for its Corporate Governance practices, Transparency International ranked ONGC 26th among the biggest publicly traded global giants. ONGC has a unique distinction of being a company with in-house service capabilities in all areas of Exploration and Production of oil & gas and related oil-field services. Winner of the Best Employer award, this public sector enterprise built a dedicated team of over 30,000 professionals by 2019, who toil round the clock in challenging locations. Reference :
● https://www.ongcindia.com/wps/wcm/connect/en/about-ongc/ongc-at-a-glance/corporate -profile/
● https://www.equitymaster.com/stock-research/compare/RELI-ONGC/Compare-RELIANC E-IND-ONGC
● https://www.ongcindia.com/wps/wcm/connect/en/about-ongc/performance/financial/Resu lts/
● https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/news/shares-of-ongc-ril-plunge-wh ile-hpcl-bpcl-gain/articleshow/74560271.cms?from=mdr
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.