01 Jan Review Descriptive Research: Assessing the Current State of Affairs? on pages 1416 in Chapter 1 of your course text,?Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences,?focusing on the difference
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review “ Descriptive Research: Assessing the Current State of Affairs” on pages 14–16 in Chapter 1 of your course text, Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences, focusing on the differences between qualitative versus quantitative research.
- Review the article, “From Single Case to Database: A New Method for Enhancing Psychotherapy Practice.” Pay particular attention to the differences between quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Using the Walden Library, choose and review a research study dealing with an area of forensic psychology in which you are interested and which uses quantitative analysis.
- Consider how you might design the study you selected using a qualitative approach (e.g., case study, action research, etc.) and why you would do so.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a brief description of the research study you selected. Then explain what makes this a quantitative study and how you might design a study on this topic using a qualitative method. Provide a rationale for doing so. Be specific.
Stangor, C. (2015). Research methods for the behavioral sciences (5th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, “ Introduction to Research” ("Descriptive Research: Assessing the Current State of Affairs" section, pp. 14–16)
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.