17 Jan Presbycusis ?is a condition affecting the hearing of many adults. There are a ?variety of causes, including damage to structures of the middle and ?inner ear. The result is loss of hearing?no
Presbycusis is a condition affecting the hearing of many adults. There are a variety of causes, including damage to structures of the middle and inner ear. The result is loss of hearing—not complete deafness, but difficulty in detecting certain sounds within the normal range of hearing. Use each numbered item as a required subheading
- Explain how normal hearing occurs. Include in your discussion the following points:
- How is sound transmitted from the environment outside the body to the inner ear? What structures are involved, and how do they transmit sound?
- What happens in the inner ear (cochlea) when sound waves are converted to neural signals? How is sound frequency (pitch) processed?
- 2. Next, summarize the causes of presbycusis and explain how they will interfere with the normal processing of sound as outlined above.
- Discuss one source of presbycusis involving a problem with the outer/middle ear.
- Discuss one source of presbycusis involving a problem with the inner ear
- 3. Finally, describe what it might be like to have presbycusis. Include the following points:
- If you have normal hearing now, how would your ability to converse with others be affected?
- What activities that you now enjoy would be limited by this condition?
- How would such a condition affect your work life?
- Include the sub headings of: "Introduction", "How Normal Hearing Occurs", "Causes of Presbycusis", "Having Presbycusis", and "Conclusions".
- Introductory paragraph ending in a clear thesis statement
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.