28 Jan CHANGES IN MEDICAL EDUCATION Introduction Throughout the ages there have been many landmark studies, reports and events that have changed the course of history in medicine and medical educ
Help with assignment
CHANGES IN MEDICAL EDUCATION
Throughout the ages there have been many landmark studies, reports and events that have changed the course of history in medicine and medical education. You will read this week that it was the Flexner Report (1910) that reformed medical education and brought it to where it is today (Young & Kroth, 2018). This report was the catalyst that pushed for legislation requiring physicians to be licensed. The report called for formalizing medical education and increasing the length of time in structured, formal medical programs. This report has influenced medical education and licensing for all of the many different types of clinical, technical, and administrative health care disciplines of today.
Young, K. M., & Kroth, P. J. (2018). Sultz & Young's health care USA: Understanding its organization and delivery (9th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Imagine you are a medical apprentice in the 1800s. Envision your medical training during this era under the apprenticeship model. Jump to 1960s and envision your training under the academic model. Finally, think of what your medical school training might look like today.
Of particular interest for today’s training are the many technology innovations for learning in medical schools, including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), robotic-assisted surgery, and minimally or noninvasive procedure technologies. Today’s training features remote patient monitoring (RPM) and telemedicine through a virtual model of care (VMC), as well as learning to use the human genome for more accurate diagnosing and patient-specific treatments.
Using the Changes in Medical Education Template [DOC], write a 3–4 page paper to analyze the scope of change in medical education from the 1800s to today, the apprenticeship and academic models, and the importance of understanding the history in order to help improve medical education in the future. Be sure to complete all parts of the template.
Do the following:
- Research the history of medical education from the 1800s, 1960s, early 2000s, and today. Use the History of Health Care Research tab in the Health Care Administration Undergraduate Library Research Guide to guide your research process.
- You will need to include four references in your paper, one of which can be your textbook.
- Use the course resources provided for the remaining references, or locate your own resources.
- Write an introduction to your paper.
- Include a brief explanation of the purpose of the paper and its main ideas.
- In The Changing Scope of Medical Education section of the assignment template, analyze the scope of the changes in medical education from the 1800s to today.
- How widespread are the newer technologies impacting medical training?
- Have there been mandated changes or have there been cultural changes that have impacted medical education?
- In the Apprenticeship Model vs. Academic Model section of the assignment template, compare and contrast the apprenticeship and academic models of medical education in the 1800s, 1960s, 2000s, and today.
- Describe the apprenticeship model and the academic model.
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences in their features.
- Analyze how the models have evolved over time and the impact the evolution of these models has had on the quality of patient care.
- In the Importance of Understanding History of Medicine section of the assignment template, explain the importance of understanding the history of medical education in order to help improve medical education in the future.
- Write a conclusion to your paper in which you summarize the main themes you addressed.
- Cite all the resources you used in your paper in APA format. Refer to Evidence and APA in the Capella Writing Center for help with using APA style.
- Your paper should be 3–4 pages, in addition to the title page and references page.
- Double space and use Times New Roman, 12-point font, as is provided in the template.
- Use a minimum of four resources, including the textbook and other course resources.
- Respond to all parts of the template, using the headings provided.
- Support all points with credible evidence, in the form of APA citations.
- Include a references page in APA format with appropriate citations.
Your work will be evaluated using this criteria.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 3: Analyze the development of medical education in the United States.
- Analyze the scope of change in medical education from the 1800s to today.
- Compare and contrast the apprenticeship model and the academic model of medical education.
- Analyze the impact of the evolution of the models on patient care.
- Analyze why it is important to understand the history of medicine in order to improve medical education.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
- Articulates meaning relevant to the main topic, scope, and purpose of the prompt.
- Applies APA formatting to in-text citations and references.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Order Now” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.