09 Mar In what ways do the client’s social and cultural identities contribute to their experience? How might you tailor your counseling approach to effectively address clients’ concerns in th
he LGBTQ+ community is a diverse group encompassing people of all genders, races, ages, religions, socioeconomic classes, abilities, and backgrounds. Often there are misunderstandings and preconceived notions about this population that can impede the counseling relationship. Counselors must understand their client’s cultural and social identities to enhance the efficacy of counseling treatment with these individuals.
Please select one of the following videos from the University Library:
- Counseling gay and lesbian people of color: Multiple identities: Part 1
- Counseling gay and lesbian people of color: Multiple identities: Part 2
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- In what ways do the client’s social and cultural identities contribute to their experience?
- How might you tailor your counseling approach to effectively address clients’ concerns in the context of their gender and sexual orientation?
- How might you understand the client’s experience from a culturally sensitive and validating perspective?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.