09 Mar Last week, you saw how a single factor such as parental substance use can have significant effects on the biological development of a child. The way in which a parent/caregiver interacts
Last week, you saw how a single factor such as parental substance use can have significant effects on the biological development of a child. The way in which a parent/caregiver interacts with the child can also have lasting effects—this time, psychological. A caregiver’s warmth, presence, attentiveness, communication, parenting, and disciplinary styles all contribute to the child’s understanding of themselves and their place in the environment. Child abuse can not only harm a child physically but can also disrupt psychological development. However, with every child abuse claim, it is important to consider cultural aspects that may be at play.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity. Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
· Review the Learning Resources on psychological development. Refer to last week’s media piece on theories of human development.
· Explore the Hernandez Family case in the Social Work Case Studies interactive media in the Learning Resources.
BY DAY 3
Post your initial response to the case:
· Describe two potential risks of Juan and Elena Hernandez’s disciplinary style on the psychological development of their children.
· Identify one theoretical perspective (e.g., Piaget or Erikson) that can be used to explain the children’s developmental stage. How does this theory apply to the Hernandez children and to the potential impact of the parents’ disciplinary style?
Please use the Learning Resources to support your response.
BY DAY 6
Respond to two colleagues by describing an intervention that could be used to address the impact to development described. Please use the Learning Resources to support your response.
· Zastrow, C. H., Kirst-Ashman, K. K., & Hessenauer, S. L. (2019). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (11th ed.). Cengage Learning.
· Chapter 3, “Psychological Development in Infancy and Childhood” (pp. 95–158)
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020, April 3). Adverse childhood experiences (ACES) Links to an external site. . https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/aces/index.html
· Finkelhor, D. (2020). Trends in adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) in the United StatesLinks to an external site. . Child Abuse & Neglect, 108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2020.104641
· National Pediatric Practice Community on Adverse Childhood Experiences. (n.d). Pediatric ACEs and related life events screener Links to an external site. . https://www.acesaware.org/pdf_wrapper/pearls-tool-child-parent-caregiver-report-identified-english-rev-7-26-22/
· Download and use the PEARLS tool – Child (Parent – Caregiver Report) for the Assignment.
· Walden University, LLC. (2021). Social work case studies Links to an external site. [Interactive media]. https://waldenu.instructure.com
· Navigate to the Hernandez Family
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Order Now” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.