01 May Part 1: Research Security Awareness Policies (0/1 completed) Note: In this part of the lab, you will review an example of a security awareness training policy in order to form a bas
Part 1: Research Security Awareness Policies (0/1 completed)
Note: In this part of the lab, you will review an example of a security awareness training policy in order to form a basis for their purpose and usage. Understanding the reason behind a security awareness training policy is key to understanding the component policies and procedures. Please take time to review the research thoroughly and think through the concepts of the policy itself.
1. Review the security awareness training policy at the following website:
- Health care: State of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (https://policies.ncdhhs.gov/departmental/policies-manuals/section-viii-privacy-and-security/manuals/security-manual/@@display-file/policy_file/DHHS%20Security%20Manual.pdf)
2. For the sample security awareness training policy that you reviewed in the step above, discuss the policy’s main components. You should focus on the need for a security awareness program and its key elements.
Part 2: Create a Security Awareness Policy (0/6 completed)
Note: A strong security awareness policy is a key component of a strong organizational security posture. The effectiveness of a security awareness training policy and program will directly influence how well employees will value and protect the organization’s security position. When writing a security awareness training policy, consider the following questions:
- Is the policy statement as concise and readable as possible? For example, no more than one to three sentences.
- Is the entire policy as concise and readable as possible? For example, no more than two to three pages.
- Does the policy align well with other governing documents?
- Does the policy speak directly to the target audience?
- Does the policy state the “why” with only the minimal detail, and rely on standards or guidelines for the “how”? Policies should be written in such a way that they will not need frequent updates.
- Does the policy adequately describe scope and responsibilities?
- Are the policy’s revision, approval, and distribution documented?
After the policy has been approved, its success relies on proper delivery and understanding. To simply give a new employee 5 minutes to read and sign a policy during orientation is not enough. Focused and interactive “policy understanding” sessions should guarantee every employee understands the policy’s reasoning and necessity. Customizing these sessions according to department or function can drastically increase how much employees retain of and apply the training during their work. Repeat sessions reinforce the policies and keep material fresh in their minds.
1. Review the following scenario for the fictional Bankwise Credit Union:
- The organization is a local credit union that has several branches and locations throughout the region.
- Online banking and use of the internet are the bank’s strengths, given its limited human resources.
- The customer service department is the organization’s most critical business function.
- The organization wants to be in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and IT security best practices regarding its employees.
- The organization wants to monitor and control use of the Internet by implementing content filtering.
- The organization wants to eliminate personal use of organization-owned IT assets and systems.
- The organization wants to monitor and control use of the e-mail system by implementing e-mail security controls.
- The organization wants to implement security awareness training policy mandates for all new hires and existing employees. Policy definitions are to include GLBA and customer privacy data requirements, in addition to a mandate for annual security awareness training for all employees.
2. Create a security management policy with defined separation of duties for the Bankwise Credit Union.
Bankwise Credit Union
Security Awareness Training Policy
Define your policy verbiage.
Define the policy’s purpose as well as its objectives.
Define whom this policy covers and its scope. What elements, IT assets, or organization-owned assets are within this policy’s scope?
Does the policy statement point to any hardware, software, or configuration standards? If so, list them here and explain the relationship of this policy to these standards.
Explain how you intend to implement this policy for the entire organization.
Explain any roadblocks or implementation issues that you must overcome in this section and how you will surmount them per defined guidelines. Any disputes or gaps in the definition and separation of duties responsibility may need to be addressed in this section.
Challenge Exercise (0/2 completed)Note: The following challenge exercise is provided to allow independent, unguided work – similar to what you will encounter in a real situation.
There are many vendors that provide security awareness training software to organizations that do not have the time nor the resources to create their own. When selecting a software vendor, many organizations will issue a Request for Information (RFI) to potential vendors, outlining the details of what the organization would like to learn about the vendor’s solution. You can read more about RFIs here: https://www.smartsheet.com/free-request-for-information-templates.
As a security manager at eChef, an online marketplace for high-end kitchenware, you have been tasked with selecting a security awareness training software provider.
Use the internet to research real security awareness training software providers.
1.Identify three security awareness training software providers.
2.Identify 10 questions that you would include in your RFI.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Order Now” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.