17 May For this assignment you will create a new case study based on a new set of topics and resources. You will also apply an ethical theory to the case study in ways that show how the core
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the required resources for Week 3, complete the Week 3 Interactive, watch the DeontologyLinks to an external site. video in the Week 3 Guidance, and review the Reading PhilosophyLinks to an external site. video from the Week 1.
In the Week 2 written assignment, you created an ethics case study based on one of the provided topics and resources. For this assignment you will create a new case study based on a new set of topics and resources. You will also apply an ethical theory to the case study in ways that show how the core principles of the theory are relevant to the case study, and how someone using those principles would answer the ethical question. The Week 3 written assignment should be an assignment and include the following sections with headings in bold font:
Part 1: Introduction, Case Study, Ethical Question
In this section, present an introduction to the general topic, explain the case study, identify the central moral controversy at stake, and articulate an ethical question that describes the central moral controversy at stake. This section must include one quote from one of the resources provided with the case study. To complete this section,
- Choose a case study from the selection provided by your instructor in the Week 3 announcement titled “Week 3 Case Studies.”
- Present a brief introduction to the case study.
- Discuss background information.
- Identify the central moral controversy at stake in the case study.
- Articulate an ethical question based on the central moral controversy.
This section should be around 300 words.
Part 2: Reading Philosophy Reflection
In this section, choose one of the philosophical texts associated with your chosen ethical theory listed in the Philosophical Texts Download Philosophical Textsdocument. Copy and paste the text into this section of the paper. After applying the reading philosophy steps from the Week 1 discussion,
- Explain the key ideas in the text.
- Discuss how your understanding of the text evolved after multiple reads.
This section should be around 150 words (excluding the philosophical text).
Part 3: Explanation of Utilitarianism or Deontology
In this section, describe the ethical theory of utilitarianism or deontology and explain its core principles. This section must include one quote from the provided resources on the ethical theory. To complete this section,
- Discuss the historical background of the ethical theory and the philosopher(s) associated with it.
- Explain the core moral principle of the theory, or if there is more than one, the principle that you will focus on in applying that theory to your question.
- Demonstrate how the theory and its core moral principle(s) apply to an ethical question that is different than the topic of your case study. For example, what would deontologists say about the morality of lying, and what principle would support their statement; what would utilitarians say about the morality of using animals in medical research, and what principle would support their statement?
This section should be around 350 words.
Part 4: Application of Ethical Theory
In this section, apply the core principle(s) you articulated above to the central moral controversy in the case study.
- Explain how the core principle(s) of the ethical theory apply to the case study. This might include considering which facts or features of the case study lend themselves to analysis by the ethical theory.
- Apply the core principles of the theory to the central moral controversy in the case study by showing how someone using the theory would answer the ethical question addressed by your case study.
This section should be around 350 words.
The Case Study: Applying an Ethical Theory paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resources.
- Must include a separate title page with the following in title case:
- title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- student’s name
- name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- course name and number
- instructor’s name
- due date
- title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice.
- See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources and one article, video, blog, or other source related to the case study.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Quick and Easy Library ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Order Now” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.