27 Jul Health Literacy and the Role of Culture
APA format, in-text citation, references included
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENTS FOR TOPIC AND REQUIREMENTS. 2 PARTS IN TOTAL: 1 PART IS POWERPOINT AND 1 PART IS MICROSOFT WORD.
– MICROSOFT WORD: ABSTRACT 1- 1 1/2 PAGES
– POWER POINT: 12 SLIDES
Student Name: Kelly Nhu Tran
Selected Topic: 4-A: Health Literacy and the Role of Culture
Actual Organization or Hypothetical Situation: Actual facility
Name of Organization (if applicable): Spring Hill
Poster Focus Area: Communication and use of gestures
The population of Focus: Patients of color
Tool/Method/Approaches/Patient Outcomes (if applicable): Survey
At Least One Idea for Your Graph/Illustration/Image that You Will Create: A graph showing patient outcomes from the survey I will conduct.
Provide a summary of the ideas that you may present:
In this project, I plan to use a survey of patient responses to measure how patients of color are affected by communication and using gestures during consultation compared to whites. Cultures are very different, and their communication styles vary. Words have different meanings, and what a gesture represents in one culture is different from the other, these factors may significantly affect their health outcomes because healthcare providers may miss some information or interpret gestures wrongly, misdiagnosing patients. I will use a graph to show the variations between cultures and their communication during consultation. The graph will include the potential impact of cultural differences, health understanding, and the interconnections between culture and patient outcomes. I will survey fifty (50) patients of color and 50 white patients and compare how likely healthcare workers can misdiagnose them due to cultural misunderstanding through language or gesture barriers. The horizontal axis of the graph will have the number of patients and the graph's vertical axis will represent the number of misdiagnoses from the cases identified from the sample. I will use Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) to measure the preparedness of healthcare to handle cultural and language barriers.
Poster Requirements: Present Your Poster Using a Microsoft Office Product. Examples: Publisher or PowerPoint
1. Poster Title : Your poster should include the title that you are presenting, be brief, but long enough that the audience can understand the topic.
2. Visuals : Create at least one illustration, graphic, graph, table, or other image for your poster. Do NOT use any images that are not your own creation. Unlicensed Clip Art may be used as a supplement only, if desired.
3. Appropriate Headers : Each area on the poster must include appropriate headers or titles for the information contained with the section.
4. Text : Blocks of text should be brief but informative. Expand on: a) why the information you are presenting is important, b) background and evaluation of topic, c) what you learned, and d) focus on the key items that you researched for your selected topic.
5. References : A minimum of four references with correlating in-text citations are required. Supporting external evidence will need to be presented using APA 7th Edition formatting. Your references should be from the last five years, collected from the any of the weekly course content, and you may include a maximum of two additional resources outside of the weekly content from your own personal research.
Abstract Requirements: Present Your Abstract in a Word Document
1. Formatting and Length : Your abstract should be between 250 to 500 words, formatted in APA 7th Edition using Microsoft Word.
2. Text : The abstract should highlight the major points of your poster, explain: a) why the information you are presenting is important, b) background and evaluation of topic, c) what you learned, and d) focus on the key items that you researched for your selected topic.
3. References : Include any references from your poster in your abstract. Ensure that all references and in-text citations are formatted in APA 7th Edition formatting. You are not required to include all your references from the poster unless they are needed to present the information within your abstract.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.