01 Sep Did the officer(s) use excessive force or was the force used justified based on the subject’s aggressive actions or lack of compliance? 2. What do you feel led to the use of force by th
Please address the following questions:
Let's talk about the force used in all 3 videos that you watched. (You can stick to just one video or incorporate all three).
1. Did the officer(s) use excessive force or was the force used justified based on the subject's aggressive actions or lack of compliance?
2. What do you feel led to the use of force by the officers? Referencing either justified or not.
3. What about the support or lack of support by administration (ie. the police chief or mayor)?
4. What about the public view? Does the public outcry go overboard or are they justified in speaking out to get the needed attention?
5. What should be done to decrease such use of force incidents? Training? Better hiring practices? De-escalation techniques/ training? Public education on police stops? What can you think of?
You will write a 2-3 page paper (the main body) that includes a front cover/ title page and a reference page (last page). You are to write in APA 7th edition format using a Times New Roman font – 12 pt – and be double-spaced.
For this written assignment, you will be reviewing three separate videos that denote questionable police use of force. You will also note that police use of force is not just a "black and white" issue as portrayed in the media. At times it is easy for the public to jump to conclusions based on what they see from video posted by onlookers, however; not all times do they know what actions led up to the police having to use such force. Unfortunately, there are incidents where the police go beyond their training in the use of force and it becomes excessive. But do these incidents result over basic "compliance" issues? That is, not listening to the verbal commands of the police officer. Are these use of force incidents justified to protect the officer or a third person? Justified to effect an arrest on the subject?
Remember that Police Officers are trained to use only the necessary level of force to gain control over a situation or to subdue an unruly suspect. Many times this force is used appropriately however there are other times it is abused, resulting in excessive force and causing injury or death to the initial suspect.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.