04 Sep Your assigned article for critique is Avsar, P., Budri, A., Patton, D., Walsh, S., & Moore, Z. (2022). ?Developing algorithm based on activity and mobility for pressure ulcer
Your assigned article for critique is
Avsar, P., Budri, A., Patton, D., Walsh, S., & Moore, Z. (2022). Developing algorithm based on activity and mobility for pressure ulcer risk among older adult residents: Implications for evidence‐based practice. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 19, 112–120. https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12545
This is article
If you haven't already, print the RAC #2 questions and the article. Open your book to chapter 9, 10, or 11 and place it on your left, put the RAC 2 questions in the middle of your desk, and put the article on your right.
- You'll need your book for the questions that specifically refer to Grove and Gray 2019 in the question stem and to look up key words in the question stem that you don't remember from your reading, like sampling method, power analysis, and acceptance rate.
- The content for the article-specific RAC questions this week will be found in the Methods, Results, and Discussion sections of the article.
- This is a book Understanding nursing research Grove, S., & Gray, J. (2019). Understanding nursing research (7th ed). Elsevier.
1. Chapter 1 of your textbook describes the purposes of nursing research. Read pages 18-20 of your text. In light of those pages, the purpose of this article can best be described as
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A or B
2. The authors discuss the use of the subepidermal scanner. Which of the following words best describes the role of this device in this study?
3. The authors discuss the use of the early motion sensor. Which of the following words best describes the role of this device in the study?
4. Which of the following represents a conceptual definition for the term movement?
A. Movement was measured using the EarlySense motion sensor.
B. Movement is the physical ability to make voluntary postural changes.
C. Movement was measured using the Early Mobility Scale.
D. Movement is EarlySense motion sensor score.
5. Which of the following represents an operational definition for the variable risk of pressure ulcer?
A. Number of pressure ulcers actually seen.
B. Early Mobility Scale score.
C. EarlySense motion sensor score.
D. Braden Scale score.
6. Which of the following best describes the population of the study reported in the article?
A. Older adults
B. People with Parkinson’s disease
C. Older adults in long-term care
D. People with mobility problems
7. The research problem of a study is a gap in knowledge that the study is intended to address. Is the research problem for this study clearly identified in the article?
8. Which of the following best describes the purpose of the study?
A. To reduce pressure injury ulcers.
B. To explore relationships among the key variables.
C. To determine the frequency of pressure ulcers among the target population.
D. To finalize a new algorithm for assessing pressure injury risk.
9. The significance of a research problem and purpose highlights why the study is important. Which of these statements best highlights the significance of this study’s problem and purpose?
A. Exposure to prolonged, unrelieved pressure and shear forces is most often related to decreased activity and mobility, are known to be primary causes in the development of PU.
B. In health facilities, the number of PUs is expected to increase with the advancing age of the older adult population.
C. Identifying those who need prevention strategies is the first step in assessing PUs.
D. There is a possibility to consider using movement a more accurate alternative way of risk assessment.
10. The textbook speaks of research objectives, questions, and hypotheses. Which of these is present in this study?
A. Research objective.
B. Research question.
C. Directional hypothesis.
D. Nondirectional hypothesis.
11. The variable mobility in the study is best described as a(n)
A. Independent variable.
B. Dependent variable.
C. Research variable.
D. Demographic variable.
E. Extraneous variable.
12. Is the source cited as (Bates-Jensen, McCreath, Pongquan, & Apeles, 2008 in the methods section of the article a monograph?
13. The source cited as Moore, Cowman, & Conroy, 2011 in the literature review of the study is best described as a(n)
A. Verified source
B. Unverified source
C. Primary source
D. Secondary source
14. An explicit framework is one that is directly described in an article, but an implicit framework is one that is not explicitly described. For this article the theoretical framework for the study is best described as
A. Less abstract
B. More abstract
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.