05 Sep An investor enters into a long position in 10 silver futures contracts at a futures price of $4.52/oz and closes out the position at a price of $4.46/oz. If one silver futures
Use your textbook to answer the following questions from Chapter
Exercise 17, 19, 23, and 27.
- Please, upload xls, xlsx file.
- Please, use the full computing power of Excel.
17. An investor enters into a long position in 10 silver futures contracts at a futures price of
$4.52/oz and closes out the position at a price of $4.46/oz. If one silver futures contract
is for 5,000 ounces, what are the investor’s gains or losses?
19. An investor enters into a short futures position in 10 contracts in gold at a futures price
of $276.50 per oz. The size of one futures contract is 100 oz. The initial margin per
contract is $1,500, and the maintenance margin is $1,100.
23. You enter into a short crude oil futures contract at $43 per barrel. The initial margin is
$3,375 and the maintenance margin is $2,500. One contract is for 1,000 barrels of oil.
By how much do oil prices have to change before you receive a margin call?
27. An oil refining company enters into 1,000 long one-month crude oil futures contracts on
NYMEX at a futures price of $43 per barrel. At maturity of the contract, the company
rolls half of its position forward into new one-month futures and closes the remaining
half. At this point, the spot price of oil is $44 per barrel, and the new one-month futures
price is $43.50 per barrel. At maturity of this second contract, the company closes out
its remaining position. Assume the spot price at this point is $46 per barrel. Ignoring
interest, what are the company’s gains or losses from its futures positions?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.