07 Sep PSYCHOANALYTIC AND TRAIT THEORY Based on your readings for this Week, access the Personality Theory Matrix and complete the requested information in the Column B section for Psychoanaly
PSYCHOANALYTIC AND TRAIT THEORY
Based on your readings for this Week, access the Personality Theory Matrix and complete the requested information in the Column B section for Psychoanalytic Theory and Column C section for Trait Theory. You can use this information to support this week's Discussion post and response and Assignment.
Note: You will use this spreadsheet to guide your learning about personality theories in Weeks 2-6 and to support your completion of your Module Assessment. It will also be submitted in Week 8 as part of your Module Assessment.
- Cervone, D., & Pervin, L. A. (2019). Personality: Theory and research (14th ed.). Wiley.
- Chapter 3, “A Psychodynamic Theory: Freud’s Psychoanalytic Theory of Personality” (pp. 53–84) ·
- Chapter 7, “Trait Theories of Personality: Allport, Eysenck, and Cattell” (pp. 180–204)
- Chapter 8, “Trait Theory: The Five-Factor Model and Contemporary Developments” (pp. 205–240)
- Gabbard, G. O. (2001). Psychoanalytically informed approaches to the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychoanalytic Inquiry: A Topical Journal for Mental Health ProfessionalsLinks to an external site., 21(2), 208–221.
- Personality Theory Matrix Download Personality Theory Matrix[Excel document] Note: You will use this matrix spreadsheet to guide your learning about personality theories for your Module 1 Assignment and Module Assessment. Download this spreadsheet and continue to use this same one throughout your Assignments in Weeks 2-6 of this module.
- Prochaska, J. O., & Norcross, J. C. (2018). The case of Mrs. C Download The case of Mrs. C. In, Systems of Psychotherapy: A Transtheoretical Analysis (9th ed., pp. 15–17). Oxford University Press.
Credit Line: SYSTEMS OF PYSCHOTHERAPY: A Transtheoretical Analysis, 9th Edition, by James O. Prochaska and John C. Norcross. Copyright 2018 by Oxford University Press. Reprinted by permission of Oxford University Press via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Note: You will use this personality case study to complete your Assignments in Weeks 2-6 and your Module Assessment. Download this case study and continue to use it throughout this Module.
- Schroder, H. S., Yalch, M. M., Dawood, S., Callahan, C. P., Donnellan, M. B., & Moser, J. S. (2017). Growth mindset of anxiety buffers the link between stressful life events and psychological distress and coping strategies. Personality and Individual DifferencesLinks to an external site., 110, 23–26.
- Tuckwiller, B., & Dardick, W. R. (2018). Mindset, grit, optimism, pessimism and life satisfaction in university students with and without anxiety and/or depression. Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in EducationLinks to an external site., 6(2), 32–48.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.
Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
- Review the Learning Resources, focusing on theorists, cultural considerations, assessments/interventions, limitations, and unique aspects of both psychoanalytic theory and trait theory.
BY DAY 4
Post one key idea from the psychoanalytic theoretical orientation and one from trait theory. What is a main difference between these theoretical orientations? What is similar between these theories? Which one do you more closely align with?
Read your colleagues’ postings.
BY DAY 6
Respond to at least two of your colleague’s postings by sharing a different thought or idea about the psychoanalytic or trait theory they posted, regarding what you find interesting or about which you have questions. (Note: Your response must share a different thought or idea than those shared in the original posts by you and your colleagues).
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.