08 Nov Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the information on using the IRAC Method for analyzing cases of law. This assignment examines the application of employment law in a l
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the information on using the IRAC MethodLinks to an external site. for analyzing cases of law.
This assignment examines the application of employment law in a legal case and develops your research skills for the Final Paper.
Visit the WestlawLinks to an external site. database in the UAGC Library (it is listed under Case Law). Under “All Content” select “Cases,” then select “All Federal Cases.”
Next, enter the type of discrimination or violation of employment law you addressed in Discussion 1 into the search bar. For example, if you discussed National Origin, enter that. If you are unsure of a legal area, visit the EEOC webpage on Discrimination by TypeLinks to an external site. (you can choose another topic if needed).
Select the magnifying glass icon to search and review a few of the cases that are listed. When you have selected one, use the IRAC method to analyze the case. Remember that this acronym stands for:
- Relevant Law
- Apply to the Law
Review the resources on IRAC for further assistance.
In your assignment,
- Describe the facts of the legal case.
- Explain the legal issues involved.
- Describe the relevant law involved.
- Explain how the relevant law applies to the facts.
- Explains the ruling of the case.
The Employment Case Law Research assignment
- must be 1 to 2 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource.
- must include a separate title page with the following in title case:
- title of assignment in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- student’s name
- name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- course name and number
- instructor’s name
- due date
- title of assignment in bold font
- must utilize academic voice.
- Review the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- must use APA Level Headings, found on the Writing Center’s APA Style ElementsLinks to an external site. page.
- must use at least 2 credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, review Quick and Easy Library ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Review the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
11/6/2023 Cases | Westlaw
All Federal Cases All State Cases
U.S. Supreme Court U.S. Courts of Appeals Federal District Courts Federal Bankruptcy Courts
U.S. Tax Court U.S. Court of Federal Claims U.S. Court of International Trade
U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Military Courts Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML)
1st Circuit 2nd Circuit 3rd Circuit 4th Circuit 5th Circuit
6th Circuit 7th Circuit 8th Circuit 9th Circuit
10th Circuit 11th Circuit D.C. Circuit Federal Circuit
Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina
North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Guam Northern Mariana Islands Puerto Rico Tribal Virgin Islands
Admiralty & Maritime Antitrust Bankruptcy Commercial Law Construction Law Corporations Criminal Law
Family Law Finance & Banking Government Contracts Health Law Immigration Insurance Law Intellectual Property
Military Law Municipal Law Native American Law Pension & Retirement Benefits Products Liability Real Property Securities
Search all Cases content above or navigate to specific content below.
Federal Cases by Court
Federal Cases by Circuit
Cases by State
Cases – Other U.S. Jurisdictions
Cases by Topic
TOOLS & RESOURCES
Words & Phrases
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.