25 Nov Create a scenario depicting an interaction between an NP and a client. Describe the setting and type of encounter. Describe the client’s challenging behaviors related to the
The purpose of the graded collaborative discussions is to engage faculty and students in an interactive dialogue to assist the student in organizing, integrating, applying, and critically appraising scholarly literature regarding advanced health assessment. Meaningful dialogue among faculty and students fosters the development of a learning community as ideas, perspectives, and knowledge are shared. This discussion will support the professional formation of the nurse practitioner (NP) role.
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 1: Apply advanced practice nursing knowledge to collecting health history information and physical examination findings for various patient populations.
- CO 4: Adapt health history and physical examination skills to the developmental, gender-related, age-specific, and special population needs of the individual patient.
- CO 5: Conduct focused and comprehensive health histories and examinations for various patient populations.
Initial posts are due to the discussion board by Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. MT. Instructor and peer responses are due by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT. Students must post on a minimum of two separate days. A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. MT, regardless of the number of days late. NOTHING will be accepted after 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday (i.e., the student will receive an automatic 0).
Total Points Possible
This discussion is worth a total of 75 points.
Preparing the Discussion
Follow these guidelines when completing each component of the discussion. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
Some clients present specific challenges during the interview and physical examination. Nurse practitioners (NPs) must be able to identify behaviors that impede the assessment and consider strategies to communicate effectively with these clients. This week, you will create a scenario that could occur in NP practice in which a client displays a challenging behavior as assigned below.
Your topic is assigned based on the first letter of your first name. For example, if your first name is Grant then your assigned topic is communicating with a flirtatious client.
The First Letter of Your First NameTopic
A – D: Argumentative client
E – H: Flirtatious client
I – L: Talkative client
M – P: Client who displays racist or discriminatory behavior
Q – T: Adolescent client who is reluctant to answer questions
U – Z: Violent client
Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the grading rubric):
- Application of Course Knowledge: Answer all questions/criteria with explanations and detail.
- Create a scenario depicting an interaction between an NP and a client. Describe the setting and type of encounter.
- Describe the client’s challenging behaviors related to the topic assigned.
- Examine the potential impact of the client’s behavior on the client-provider relationship.
- Analyze techniques to enhance communication with the client and address the client’s behavior.
- Create sample documentation for the encounter.
- Integration of Evidence: Integrate relevant scholarly sources as defined by program expectations.
- Cite a scholarly source in the initial post.
- Cite a scholarly source in one faculty response post.
- Cite a scholarly source in one peer post.
- Accurately analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles from evidence with no more than one short quote (15 words or less) for the week.
- Include a minimum of two different scholarly sources per week. Cite all references and provide references for all citations.
- Engagement in Meaningful Dialogue: Engage peers and faculty by asking questions, and offering new insights, applications, perspectives, information, or implications for practice:
- Peer Response: Respond to at least one peer on a topic other than the initially assigned topic.
- Faculty Response: Respond to at least one faculty post.
- Communicate using respectful, collegial language and terminology appropriate to advanced nursing practice.
- Professionalism in Communication: Communicate with minimal errors in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation.
- Reference Citation: Use current APA format to format citations and references and is free of errors.
- Wednesday Participation Requirement: Provide a substantive response to the graded discussion topic (not a response to a peer or faculty), by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT of each week.
- Total Participation Requirement: Provide at least three substantive posts (one to the initial question or topic, one to a student peer, and one to a faculty question) on two different days during the week.
- My name starts with a Y
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.