25 Jan Homage to a Typeface Assignment
Complete a two-part assignment. You will
(1) create an “Homage to a Typeface” layout design
(2) write a short paper. Create the layout design using some of the text (regarding the characteristics and historic information of your typeface) from the attached History of Typography. PLEASE NOTE WHAT NEEDS TO BE REVISED: The paper as a whole described the History and general timeline of Typography but needed more specific examples of the history of the text, use of text and fonts itself. I was looking for more description on the Age of Enlightenment, Industrial revolution, and the information Revolution.
Write a short paper addressing the questions in step 2 of the prompt below pertaining to “Homage to a Typeface” layout design. Please Note: You will only use the typeface you chose for your Milestone One Assignment. You will not incorporate any other typefaces into this assignment. This milestone is due in Module Four.
Create an “Homage to a Typeface” layout design. Using Adobe InDesign, take the text (the characteristics and historic information of the typeface) from Milestone One and arrange the characteristics and historic information into a creative layout design. Use types of various sizes, weights, and styles of the typeface to effectively create a visual hierarchy. Submit the layout as a one-page, 300 ppi, landscape (17 x 11 total size) PDF. The example of a creative “Homage to a Typeface,” is attached.
2. Write a short paper addressing the questions below. Provide specific examples to support your responses.
How did you use the typeface to engage the audience and gain visual interest?
How did you use the following: grids, alignment, kerning, leading, visual hierarchy, emphasis, and negative space?
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
Arrange the characteristics and historic information about the typeface you chose into a creative one-page (11 x 17 inch) layout design.
Use variety in the type to effectively create a visual hierarchy.
Discuss the use of typeface to engage the audience and gain visual interest and provide specific examples to support your response.
Discuss integration of design elements in the layout, and provide specific examples to support your response.
What to Submit
1) “Homage to a Typeface” layout design must be submitted as a one-page, 300 ppi, landscape PDF (17 x 11 total size).
2) Short paper must be submitted as a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.