13 Sep Patho-Physio Week 4 Case Study
Week 4 Case Study
The purpose of the case study is to have you expand upon the pathophysiological disease process by searching for evidence-based practice treatment and advanced practice nursing role implications related to the disease.
Case Study Topic: Lung cancer
………and then discuss the relationship of the disease process to the immune system.
Identify current evidence-based treatment modalities for the selected cancer and discuss how the treatment impacts the disease process.
Conduct an evidence-based literature search to identify the most recent standards of care/treatment modalities from peer-reviewed articles and professional association guidelines (www.guideline.gov). These articles and guidelines can be referenced, but not directly copied into the clinical case presentation. Cite a minimum of three resources.
Include the following in your clinical case presentation:
1. A discussion the pathophysiology of the disease, including signs and symptoms
2. An explanation of diagnostic testing and rationales for each
3. A review of different evidence-based treatment modalities for the disorder obtained from guideline.gov or a professional organization such as thyroid (Thyroid society), OB-GYN (ACOG), urology (AUA), etc.
Next, address the following questions:
1. How does the information in this case inform the practice of a master’s prepared nurse?
2. How would the master’s prepared nurse use this information to design a patient education session for someone with this condition?
3. What was the most important information presented in this case?
4. What was the most confusing or challenging information presented in this case?
5. Discuss a patient safety issue that can be addressed for a patient with the condition presented in this case.
The use of medical terminology and appropriate graduate level writing is expected.
Your paper should be 3–4 pages, excluding the cover page and reference page.
Your resources must include research articles as well as a reference to non-research evidence-based guidelines.
Use APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Your source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources. Cite a minimum of three resources.
Review the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.