11 May STAT 134 Mini Project Rubric 1 Introduction In this semester, one mini-project of writing a 2-3 page report will be assigned.
STAT 134 Mini Project Rubric
In this semester, one mini-project of writing a 2-3 page report will be assigned. The objective of this mini-project is to deepen your understanding of the class material, and to give you a sense of how the class materials can be applied to real-world problems. 6 topics will be given below as a guideline, but you can also choose your own topic as long as the topic is relevant to the course materials. Students must work in pairs and submit a single joint report. We suggest you reach out to your classmates from section, class, at the SLC, or on Piazza to find a partner.
April 1 2022, 10pm – ONLY IF your topic is not from the given 6 topics: Your topic must be approved via Private Piazza post. Please don’t leave this to the last minute.
May 1 2022, 10pm : Due Date (one of the partners uploads on Grade- scope —we don’t want duplicate submissions)
3 Detailed Instructions
• Your report should contain the following 4 elements:
1. The title and names of two authors. A footnote indicating how each student contributed.
2. How the topic is related to the class material.
3. Proof (if applicable) and theoretical background of the topic
4. Two examples of how the topic can be applied in a real-world prob- lem. One of the examples may be the example topic itself.
• If you choose your own topic, make sure to send a private Piazza post to get our OK about the project.
• The report should be typed 2-3 pages plus references, and be no longer than 3 pages.
You will receive a score out of 4 based on the criteria below.
4 : The report is exceptional. (Only few students will get it)
3 : The report contains all the 4 elements written above.
2 : The report only provides the proof and theoretical background OR examples of how the topic is applied.
1 : The report does not contain enough information.
0 : Report is not submitted
5 Example Topics (Related concept)
1. Nash Equilibrium in Game theory (Expectation) 1
2. Simple linear regression (Bivariate normal, correlation) 2
3. A/B testing, Fisher exact test (Normal distribution / Counting) 3
4. The German Tank Problem (Bias Variance Trade-off) 4
5. Confidence Interval Interpretation (Parameter estimation)5
6. Harvard Medical School Survey (Bayes’ Rule)6
7. Others – some other application of a concept taught in the class.
1see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium 2see http://stat88.org/textbook/notebooks/intro section 12.1 3see http://stat88.org/textbook/notebooks/intro section 9.2 4see http://stat88.org/textbook/notebooks/intro section 11.2 5see http://stat88.org/textbook/notebooks/intro sections 9.2,9.3 6see http://stat88.org/textbook/notebooks/intro section 2.4
- Detailed Instructions
- Example Topics (Related concept)
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Order Now” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.