19 Sep As educators, it is important to remember that parents/guardians may not have prior knowledge about learning disabilities,
As educators, it is important to remember that parents/guardians may not have prior knowledge about learning disabilities, their risk factors, or early intervention strategies for exceptionalities in children of various ages. Additionally, parents/guardians may not understand how specific learning disabilities affect students in educational settings as well as everyday life. As educators, we can communicate and collaborate with parents/guardians to provide information and resources that help them understand learning disabilities, define the roles of the state, school, and the parents/guardians in accessing and providing intervention services, and navigate the acquisition of information and support agencies and services provided to students with disabilities.
Consider students in the grade level that is the focus of your field of study. Select a specific disability category (intellectual disability, specific learning disability, emotional behavior disorders, autism spectrum disorder, traumatic brain injury, or orthopedic impairment). Create a 250-500 word digital brochure that could be given to families and provide information about services and supports for individuals with disabilities.
The brochure should include the following:
- Short rationale explaining how you will use the brochure to communicate with parents/guardians and establish mutual expectations to help you work collaboratively to support child development and achievement.
- Short definition and explanation of the disability category including the developmental and individual differences typically associated with the disability category.
- Three developmentally appropriate, specially designed instructional strategies that can be used to address the educational needs of students with this disability.
- Three intervention strategies families can implement at home to promote communication skills, social skills, and literacy skills in their children affected by the chosen disability.
- Three communication/collaboration strategies that can be employed by the state, school, service providers, and parents/guardians to implement intervention services to support student achievement and development.
- Recommend local organizations families could use to learn more about the disability and community services that might be available to them. Provide contact information for the organizations and services.
Support the assignment with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.