19 Sep Due: Tuesday, 09/15/2020 11:59 PM (EST)
Due: Tuesday, 09/15/2020 11:59 PM (EST)
To read the case study below, you must first log into the myCSU Student Portal and access the ABI/INFORM Collection database found in the CSU Online Library.
Read the case study indicated below, and answer the following questions:
James, M. L. (2010). Accounting for business combinations and the convergence of International Financial Reporting Standards with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles: A case study. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 16(1), 95-108.
- What key financial ratios will be affected by the adoption of FAS 141R and FAS 160? What will be the likely effect?
- Could any of the recent and forthcoming changes affect the company’s acquisition strategies and potentially its growth?
- What were FASB’s primary reasons for issuing FAS 141R and FAS 160?
- What are qualifying SPEs? Do they exist under IFRS? What is the effect of FAS 166 eliminating the concept of qualifying SPEs on the convergence of accounting standards?
- If the company adopts IFRS, what changes should management be aware of?
- What are the principle differences between IFRS and U.S. GAAP?
Your submission should be a minimum of three pages in length in APA style; however, a title page, a running head, and an abstract are not required. Be sure to cite and reference all quoted or paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.