19 Sep Think what it will be like to teach in 10 years? 2
Think what it will be like to teach in 10 years? 20 years? What kind of classroom or learning environment do you want for the future?
- Describe your current or chosen education situation (classroom teacher, corporate trainer, online instructor, curriculum developer, etc.).
- What is the current prevalent learning theory that you see in this environment?
- Explain why you think this is.
- Research past trends in education.
- Pick one education technology that failed to make it or is now obsolete.
- Discuss why you think it did not last from a practical and theoretical perspective. For example, Channel One schools was a corporate-school partnership (started in 1989) that gave every classroom in a middle or high school a TV, two VCRs for the school, and a satellite dish. In return, students had to watch a 12-minute news program each morning, which contained 2 minutes of commercials. This program didn’t last very long even though at its peak, over 1,000 schools participated.
- Research emerging technologies in education.
- Pick the top 3 that you think will have the most impact on your current or chosen education situation for the next 10 years.