19 Sep What is the speaker’s specific purpose?
- What is the speaker’s specific purpose?
- HIGHLIGHT with background color-Which of the following methods of gaining interest and attention does the speaker use in the introduction?
¨ Relate the topic to the audience ¨ State the importance of the topic
¨ Startle the audience ¨ Arouse the curiosity of the audience
¨ Question the audience ¨ Begin with a quotation
¨ Tell a story ¨ Refer to the occasion
¨ Invite audience participation ¨ Use visual or audio aids
¨ Refer to a previous speaker ¨ Begin with humor
- Does the speaker include a central idea/thesis that previews the main points of the speech in the introduction? State the central idea/thesis to show that you understand the definition of this concept.
- List the main points developed in the body of the speech.
- Are the speaker’s main points clear and easy to follow throughout the speech? Why or why not? (Do not just answer YES or NO)
- Does the speaker use a transition/signpost or other connective between each main point of the speech?
Please list a minimum of one used in speech if they are present (FYI – they SHOULD be present). Show that you understand the definition/concept of transitions/signposts in your answer.
- HIGHLIGHT with background color – Which of the following methods of referring to the central idea (thesis) does the speaker use in the conclusion?
¨ Restate the main points ¨ End with a quotation
¨ Make a dramatic statement ¨ Refer to the introduction
¨ Challenge the audience ¨ Call for action
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.